Raise the Flag 2021
Raise the Flag and World Autism Day During COVID-19
As we excitedly plan and prepare for World Autism Day and Raise the Flag 2021, we are committed to promoting the safety of our community above all else. It is highly unlikely that we will be able to gather in large groups for the usual flag-raising ceremonies, so we encourage everyone to recognize the day creatively – in your living room, backyard, on a Zoom call – any way you’d like!
Because World Autism Day, April 2nd, is on Good Friday this year, we will be celebrating on Tuesday, April 6th!
Suggestions for Celebrating
- Register to receive your own complementary flag (limited quantities) and hang it somewhere in your home
- Browse our educational toolkits for all ages to learn about autism and how you can make your community a better and more inclusive place for autistic people.
- Share your story of community, acceptance, and inclusion!
- Share your creativity by entering our flag colouring contest (with prizes) starting on March 2nd!
- Invite your friends to a virtual World Autism Day celebration and wave your flags together.
Whatever you do, show us how you’re celebrating by using #RaisetheFlagforAutism and #WorldAutismDay on social media!